QUMBYA HOUSING COOPERATIVE IS SEEKING A DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, TO MAINTAIN SUPPORTIVE, EFFICIENT, AND TRANSPARENT ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEMS FOR OUR TENANT-MEMBER LED DEMOCRATIC HOUSING ORGANIZATION.
You should consider applying if:
● You often find yourself making spreadsheets, flowcharts or logic models to diagnose or solve problems
● You find joy and accomplishment in keeping detailed records and budgets
● You love the idea of building organizational infrastructure to support affordable cooperative housing and nonprofit property management
● You believe in the power of collective skill-sharing and peer education
● You are not satisfied with the status quo of affordable housing and/or nonprofits today, and are interested in cooperatives as a solution!
Qumbya Housing Cooperative is dedicated to practicing democratic cooperation toward affordable housing in the Hyde Park and Bronzeville neighborhoods of Chicago. We believe changing systems also requires strengthening alternative ones. This person will help us do that within our own organization, collaborating with our membership to develop administrative systems uniquely suited to the future of group equity cooperative housing in Chicago.
This person will work with Qumbya’s member-elected Board of Directors (as well as the Boards of the title holding, non-profit entities that own our properties) to keep our books and analyze our budget decisions, maintain our compliance with laws and regulations, and improve our systems for managing our properties and information across the organization. We also expect that this person will provide strategic education and planning on additional responsibilities adjacent to operations—development and grant-writing, marketing and communications are all possibilities.
Complete details about position responsibilities can be found in the attached PDF.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
June 26th: Applications open
July 17th: Applications Close
July 22nd – 26th: Interview period (based on previously established
July 26th -July 31st : Final vetting
August 1st – August 8th: offer of employment made
August 8th: flexible start date
Co-op Details – North American Students of Cooperation
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and name and contact info for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Johnston, Board of Directors Vice Chair, Qumbya Housing Cooperative