1pm-5pm House Tours
If you are interested in seeing Qumbya’s houses, now is your time! We’ve scheduled times for each tour to make it easier on current members and ensure that everyone visiting gets to see each house. Make sure you make it to see Wells House, our newest house, added in 2016!
1pm: Bowers House
2pm: Concord House
3pm: Haymarket House
4pm: Wells House
6pm-9pm Hyde Park Neighborhood Club
5480 S Kenwood Ave, Chicago, IL 60615
This is the main shindig- there will be dinner, fun activities (including a talent show *is your act ready?*), and Qumbya related people from the past 30 years. If you haven’t gotten your ticket yet, there’s still time, either online at https://qumbya30.bpt.me or at the door with cash or check.
If you purchased your tickets through Brown Paper Tickets or RSVP-ed to me, we’ll have your name on a spreadsheet at the registration table. No need to print a ticket or anything like that.
Join us for brunch at Concord House or for an oral history recording session at Bowers House. Space at Concord is limited, please sign up on Saturday night for space. All are welcome to the oral history recording session at Bowers. There will be light food and refreshments, but please feel to bring more.
- purchase tickets for the Saturday evening event here: https://qumbya30.bpt.me
- Facebook Event is here
- houses can provide some sleeping accommodations- to arrange please email email@example.com with “30 Year Reunion Accommodations” in the subject
- there are now bougie hotels in Hyde Park
- C, H, and B are walking distance to each other
- carpools to W
- #55 bus still goes from MDW to Hyde Park
Other things to do on the South Side that week/end:
- museums: MSI, DuSable, Oriental Institute, Smart, Renaissance Society,
- sports: Bulls, potentially Bears
- Parks: Promontory Point, Osaka/Wooded Isle, Jackson Park (before the Obama Presidential Center), Washington Park